Meet the Leadership
The MassAFP's Board of Directors works to further the organization's mission, comprising family physician members from around the Commonwealth and across the spectrum of practice settings. This group is responsible for the direction of the organization and governs, develops policy and sets the course – always framed around MassAFP’s mission.
Committee and Workgroup Chairs take responsibility for supplementing the work of the board. They, along with their committee members, align their work with the strategic goals of the organization and work on addressing any specific immediate needs of the organization.
MassAFP is now accepting nominations to its Board of Directors. This is a great opportunity for you to help lead the association dedicated to providing responsible advocacy, representation and leadership for our members, and to promote the specialty of family medicine through awareness and education.
MassAFP values and seeks diverse leadership from all practice types and sizes, and has identified a number of desired attributes that will be part of the selection process for new board members:
- Demonstrated leadership commitment and experience
- Commitment to participate in 3 board meetings a year
- Positive leadership attributes; emotional intelligence; ability to work collaboratively and engage in appropriate debate and discussion
- Visionary and strategic thinker, in order to incorporate strategy, leadership, future focus and entrepreneur spirit
If you are interested in serving, or know of potential members you would like to recommend, please contact Becky Wimmer.
Nominations must be received no later than October 20, 2017.
- President Flora Sadri
- President-Elect David Gilchrist
- Vice-President Jennifer Sparks
- Treasurer Pablo Hernandez-Itriago
- Board Chair Fred Baker
- Director Khalil Alleyne
- Director Emily Chin
- Director Johvonne Claybourne
- Director Miguel Concepcion
- Director Gail Fayre
- Director Julie Johnston
- Director Michael Kaplan
- Director Michele Parker
- Director Randi Sokol
- AAFP Delegate Dennis Dimitri
- AAFP Delegate Thomas C. Hines
- AAFP Alt. Delegate Joseph W. Gravel Jr.
- AAFP Alt. Delegate Kami S. Phillips
Conflict of Interest:
In accordance with MassAFP policy, members of the MassAFP Board of Directors are required to provide MassAFP with a statement regarding actual or potential conflicts of interest. Conflict of interest statements for individual directors are available upon request. Requests should be directed to the Executive Director, Becky Wimmer.
Past Presidents roster.