Opportunity to Present
Proposals for Presentations is Open!
Each year, the conference provides educational and networking opportunities to family physicians in Massachusetts and the New England area through plenaries, general hot topic sessions and poster presentations, plus sessions to help members meet MA regulatory requirements.
Are you looking for an opportunity to present?
The MassAFP is seeking speakers for the 2018 Annual Meeting & Spring Refresher.
Date: March 23-24, 2018
Taj Boston, Boston, MA
Session proposals should reflect an interactive format (case studies, panel, Q&A, etc.), be suitable for a 60-minute time frame, and be complete in order to be considered by the Education Committee. Presentations must besupported by evidence and support professional practice changes by attendees.
Deadline Closes October 25, 2017.
Criteria for Proposals
- Interesting and engaging title
- Identifies and appeals to the target audience
- Clear and concise description explicitly defining the content of the presentation in 100 or less
- Learning targets are clearly stated
- Will likely have an impact on the audience beyond the presentation
- Opportunity for Q&A is provided
- Support materials are available electronically
- Audience engagement is evident
Please use the following three examples to guide your process when creating a speaker proposal topic
- General CME such as clinical updates on Diabetes and Asthma
- Practice Improvement and Practice Transformation
- Regulatory requirements such as EHR Proficiency, Risk Management Study, Effective Pain Management, End of Life Care, and Training for Physicians relative to Firearms and Suicides
Presenters will be provided with the following presentation equipment: projectors, computer, and hook up to sound. Any other required equipment is the responsibility of the presenter.
The Annual Meeting and Spring Refresher is MassAFP's largest Family Medicine CME event. This is a great opportunity to share your work and passion, and educate your peers, all while gaining valuable presentation experience. We encourage you to take advantage of this wonderful opportunity and submit your presentation proposal today.
If you have any other questions please contact Payton or call the MassAFP office at 888-871-9181.