Mass Academy of Family Physicians is seeking physicians to serve as delegates to the American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP) National Conference of Constituency Leaders (NCCL).
NCCL will be held Thursday-Saturday, April 18-20, 2024, in Kansas City, MO.
Mass AFP is looking for physician members who can represent the following five recognized special constituencies:
- International Medical Graduate (IMG) (an active member of the AAFP who graduated from medical school outside the United States, Canada, or Puerto Rico)
- LGBTQ+ Physician or Ally (an active AAFP member who self-identifies as LGBTQ+ or who is supportive of LGBTQ+ issues)
- Minority (an active AAFP member who is African American, Asian, Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander, American Indian, Alaska Native, ethnic Latino, or Other)
- New (an active AAFP member who has been in practice less than seven years)
- Women (an active AAFP member who self-identifies as a woman).
During NCCL you will meet family physicians from across the United States, discuss and develop resolutions that shape AAFP policies, and have the chance to be elected for various leadership positions for the next NCCL or as a delegate to the annual AAFP Congress of Delegates.
Mass AFP delegates selected to attend NCCL each receive a stipend and are reimbursed for eligible expenses (with the submission of a delegate report and receipts) according to the Mass AFP Reimbursement Policy.
If you are interested, please submit a letter of interest for which constituency no later than Friday, February 16. You must be a Mass AFP active member in good standing.
If you have any questions or would like to speak to a previous delegate to learn more about the experience, please email Tricia Kennedy firstname.lastname@example.org.
P.S. Register HERE for 2024 Spring Refresher March 8th and 9th at MMS